- By Hostmaster
- 0 Comments
Winter is finally here in Northwest Ohio. While many winterizing steps can be taken in the fall, it’s not too late to double check and make final adjustments to keep things warm and cozy inside.
- Use caulk, weather stripping, & winterizing film around windows, doors, and baseboards to keep the heat inside
- Make sure the insulation around pipes is complete to prevent bursting/freezing
- Have your chimney cleaned by a licensed professional to prevent fire risk
- Spray door locks with powdered-graphite lubricant to prevent freezing and sticking
- Flush the water heater to get rid of built up sediment that impacts efficiency
- Check smoke detector batteries and install carbon monoxide detectors
- Check dryer vent for debris
The National Association of Home Builders has more information about how to keep your winter heating bill under control here.
Cabin fever? Start thinking about any remodeling or building projects you would like to get starting once things thaw. Get in touch to start planning today!